Cruise ships are docked in the center of town, about five to seven minutes from Primorsky Boulevard.
Printable map to take along.
Cruise calendar for this port.
Watch a destination video.
The main sights of modern Batumi are the oldest historic-architectural monuments places of rest and culture and a great variety of subtropical plants.
A favorite rest and entertainment place for Batumians and tourists is the famous Seaside Park (Boulevard). The place was covered with water at the end of the 19-th century. In 1881, the Sea backed about 100 meters and an idea of creating a seaside park on the free territory was fulfilled by the famous gardener A. Resler who had worked out a construction plan.
The length of Seaside Park was 1,9 km. till May 2004. At present
it is stretched along the spacious beaches, occupying 5 km of the area
with its infrastructure. With various attractions, sports grounds,
the tennis courts, the chess house and bungalows, the park provides
the best conditions for the rest and entertainment. Seaside Park symbol
- the Columns (Kolonada) was built in 1934. Rich in its exotic plants,
the park attracts the visitors during the whole year.
Boulevard is subdivided into two parts: A shady alley with the oldest plants occupies its main area, where it is cool even on the hottest days of summer. Subtropical part with pyramidal cypress, Chinese roses , and noble laurels, in the central alley, is stretched along the beach.
Improvement works on the Ardagani lake, which is the most important
part of a"new" boulevard, are being done. Two artificial islands, amphitheater
and a fountain, a gift from the president of Georgia, decorate the
lake. Also a modern standard swimming pool, solarium and sports grounds
are being built.
In 1939 the hotel ,,Intourist", projected by Academician Shchusev, was built, what caused the final demolition of the finest architectural monument – the Church of Alexander Nevski, the pictures, and model of which are kept in the Museum of Local Lore of Batumi. Some time ago the ,,Intourist" hotel was purchased and restored by the Georgian businessman.
Liberty Square, the name of which has been changed for several times, is located by the port. At the beginning of the XX century, it was called Azizie Square and a huge mosque stood there. After establishing the Soviet power (1921) a monument of Lenin was placed and the square was named after him. Later the square has been given the name of the first president of Georgia - Zviad Gamsakhurdia.
The Lado Gudiashvili Painter's House, located on Rustaveli street,
is the place where exhibitions of the works of the well-known local
and foreign artists and sculptors are arranged. There are the saloons
of arts here, where one can see the creations of the Georgian authors.
Passengers visiting Batumi can stroll down the longest boulevard in Europe. Construction started in 1881 and it has been renovated and expanded over the years. Together, the old and new boulevard stretch 12 kilometers. The place is famous for its statues and dancing fountains and houses a number of entertainment places including restaurants from various cuisines from places like Mexico, China, Italy, Turkey, Germany, and Greece.
Most shops are open daily from 10:00 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Lari: It is divided into 100 tetri
Georgian is the primary language of about 3.9 million people in Georgia.
Thank you for printing this article! Please don’t forget to come back to whatsinport.com for new and updated port guides.Home